The Aiken Gold Brick is a speaker-emulating direct box designed to accurately reproduce the tone of a guitar amplifier and cabinet, without the need for a microphone.
Connected between the output of the amplifier and the speakers, the Gold Brick faithfully captures the tone, and most importantly, the feel of the amplifier and speakers.
Our proprietary, purely analog, multistage "Active-Reactive" filtering circuit closely mimics the frequency response of a 4X12 speaker cabinet, while simultaneously taking on the characteristics of the actual speaker connected to the unit, tailoring the tonal characteristics to the speaker in use. The Gold Brick sounds and feels more realistic than any other speaker emulator DI box available.
- Provides complete isolation - no signal leakage or noise from other sources
- No phase cancellations from multiple-speaker enclosures
- Zero-latency, immediate response you just can't get from digital IR speaker emulators
- Consistent tone in every venue and studio
- Quick setup - no need to worry about critical mic positioning
- Balanced, low-impedance (600 ohm), line-level XLR output, compatible with stage and studio mixers
- Allows playing through a set of flat-response monitors in the control room while replicating the tone and feel of a remote 4x12 cabinet while recording
- Use with IEM's (In-ear monitors) onstage for a consistent tone every gig
- Silent recording is possible using a speaker load box or attenuator (reactive load preferred for best tone/feel)
- Use in conjunction with a microphone, panned to opposite sides, for unique stereo recording depth and tone
- Use in conjunction with a reactive attenuator to be able to adjust stage volume up or down while FOH mix volume stays constant
- Ground-lift switch for ground-loop hum elimination, with RFI (radio frequency interference) elimination circuitry
- On/off switch with LED indicator - allows turning unit on/off without having to disconnect/reconnect cables
- LED brightness gives an indication of remaining battery life